What tutor books does Easy Notes work with?
Works with all piano tutor books
Easy Notes can be used in conjunction with any piano tutor books, building up note knowledge by hand position. Therefore when new pieces are introduced the child knows the notes needed to play them and less explanation is needed by the teacher.
Meshes perfectly with the Alfred’s Basic Piano Library books
In particular the Easy Notes Theory books have been designed to mesh perfectly with the Alfred’s Basic Piano Library
books because they progress in the same order of hand positions. When two pages of theory are given
per week, the Easy Notes books anticipate the learning stages in the Alfreds books, which helps make teaching beginners so easy and fun.
- When a beginner starts and is playing on the black notes, Easy Notes is teaching them the white notes. By the time the beginner starts to play on the white notes, they are already familiar with them and can easily identify and locate
them. At this stage you realise that Easy Notes is really helping them.
- At this time, while the student is playing on the white notes with directional notation, Easy Notes begins to teach the beginner the notes on the stave. So, by the time the beginner starts to play music on the stave (in C position),
they know the C position notes and can already read the music. At this point, the ‘power’ of Easy Notes really becomes evident, when you watch a beginner, who has only been learning a short time, reading music effortlessly!
- This anticipation of learning stages continues, with Easy Notes teaching the G position notes just before they are actually needed, and so on through middle C postion, high G position, and then the outer ledger lines. By the end
of the first year of learning, the student knows four octaves of notes. This has laid a solid foundation of note-reading in their first year, leaving them free to progress musically without being slowed down with not knowing the
Can be used easily with books that begin in Middle C position
Easy Notes also supports the progression of books that start in Middle C position when used in the following way:
- Work through Easy Notes Level 1 pages 1-14.
- Go to Easy Notes Level 2 pages 5-8.
- Go back to Easy Notes Level 1 page 15, and continue on through the books.